Friday, May 21, 2010

bottom's up: Mexicola


A loooooong crazy week it has been, and I am ever so relieved that Friday has finally come! I have a fantastic weekend of music and mayhem ahead of me, so what better way to kick off this awesome weekend than with a fitting cocktail? I present to you the simpliest alcoholic beverage I've ever made: Mexicola.

I'm not a big drinker so, I never have a ton of spirits or mixers on hand when I'm in the mood for a drink-- and this is the perfect solution for such situations. A little tequila, a lime, some ice and a bottle of your favorite cola is all you need. 2 minutes later, you're ready for your own personal Happy Hour. Great by itself, with your favorite chips 'n dip, or accompanying grilled summer feasts. Naturally fitting for pre-gaming concerts, too.



Mexicola

{recipe from the Cocktail Bible}

Serves: 1

Ingredients:
  • 2 measures white tequila (I used about 1/2 a shot glass full)
  • 1 measure freshly-squeezed lime juice (from roughly 1/2 a lime)
  • cola of your choice
  • lime slice, to garnish (optional)
Fill half a tall chilled glass with ice. Pour the tequila and lime juice over ice, top off with cola. Stir gently and garnish with lime slice if desired.


Staying dry tonight? Leave out the tequila for a refreshing mocktail. Also feel free to swap the lime for lemon, for an equally delicious but slightly unexpected drink.

Have a GREAT weekend! x

No comments:

Post a Comment