Wednesday, November 25, 2009

giving thanks

Hello there!

I totally meant to post my second Shop O' the Week last Friday... and then completely dropped the ball when life got a wee bit crazy. What a lazy blogger I've become! I will make it up to you with not one, but two featured shops this weekend. They'll be good, I promise.

Anywho, I'm back today with my favorite ideas for thank you gifts. I could be cheesy and cliche and list all of the things that I'm thankful for but, I'm choosing to share ways to say 'thank you'. Instead of just yakin', show the people you're thankful for how you feel with heartfelt notes and thoughtful gifts. Actions speak louder than words, my friends.



Sometimes, a sweet little note will do the trick. I think these homemade messenger bird thank yous are perfect for just that. Fairly simple to make and just adorable, don't you think?



Other times, the special people in your life need special tokens of appreciation. Fresh flowers are always nice but, they are even more meaningful when you assemble and wrap a bouquet yourself. Presented in a lovely button cone (top left), grocery store flower bunches are taken to a whole new level with minimal effort.

Not everyone likes flowers though, and you have plenty of other crowd-pleasing options. This adorable Rabbit Girl art print by Trafalgar's Square (top right) would make a sweet gift for a dear friend or relative. Or how about something for around the house? We could all use some extra bowls for cooking or catching clutter and these heart nesting bowls (bottom left) by J.D. Wolfe Pottery are as functional as they are beautiful. And for those people who are leaving you scratching your head -- edible gifts are a great solution. Baked goods or candy - like these spiced vanilla caramels (bottom right) by Have it Sweet - make great gifts (that will actually be used!).

So make sure to thank all those special people in your life, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

xxx,
Mrs. M

No comments:

Post a Comment