Monday, November 2, 2009

oh deer

Hello darlings and happy November to all! I hope you enjoyed Halloween and ate way too much candy. Life is too short not to!

I know its barely November but, I can't help thinking about the upcoming holidays. I love the time from Thanksgiving until New Years-- lots of anniversaries and birthdays and family gatherings over slow-cooked food. There's nothing better in my book.

I thought I would touch on a seasonal motif that I'm really loving: deer! These guys have been popping up everywhere and I just love them. I think they're great for winter decor; they are festive without being too holiday-specific. Plus as symbols of peace and tranquility in many cultures, they are perfect for adorning your home, no matter what you celebrate.



Bring some woodland whimsy into your home for the holidays (clockwise from top left):

*Bucky cardboard deer trophy by Cardboard Safari (they make wreathes & trees too!)

*Deer delight vintage ceramic deer by 2 Vintage Sisters

*Rustic deer hanger by Monkey & Squirrel

*Woodland deer vinyl wall decals by Tweet Heart Wall Art


Graceful and irresistibly cute, they make wonderful subjects for artwork (to give OR keep):

*Winter Tale print by Naoko Stoop

*Ceramic deer figurine (in celadon) by Fruit Fly Pie

*Deer in a Snowfall original watercolor by Renee Nault

*Doe print by Berkley Illustration


Of course, they make adorable cards and gifts as well:

*Deer ring by Mark Poulin Enamel Jewelry

*Tan deer printable stationary set by Ali Design (includes gift tags, folded notecards, flat notecards & envelopes)

*Deer in the Headlights necklace by Molly & Bumble

*Recycled Christmas card by Your Crafty Friends


Holy cuteness overload, Batman! Now I'm feeling inspired to get some wee deers to inhabit our apartment this winter. Hope you like.

xxx,

Mrs. M

No comments:

Post a Comment