Monday, December 7, 2009

shop o' the week: naoko's stoop

Heya! Its Shop O' the Week time and do I have a special one for ya! Grab a cup of something warm to drink and pull up a chair, won't you?

{Left: Feels Like Yesterday, Right: Follow the Wind No. 4}

Today I'm beyond happy to share Naoko's Stoop with ya'll. Naoko - born in Tokyo and now residing in Brooklyn - is a self-taught illustrator who creates her wonderful renderings in her own loft studio. Inspired by her Big Apple neighborhood and childhood whimsy, her work exudes a unique brand of sweetness that I just *love*.

{Left: Moon Talk No. 2, Right: Oak Reading Room}

Her Red Knit Cap Girl series is just darling -- I love the adventures with her little animal entourage and of course, her signature red cap. I think I need to snag one of those hats...

{Left: Serene Night Story No. 4, Right: Bird in a Cage (green)}

{Left: Cardinal, Right: Happy Birthday}

Naoko's Brown Paper Bag collection is quite impressive -- inspired by a variety of used papers like vintage books and envelopes, she used brown paper grocery bags as the base for all of her artwork in this series. I think the repurposed materials make these works all the more charming, don't you?

{Left: Holiday Tree, Right: Making a Friend}

She also has several holiday-themed pieces, which are oh-so-cute and festive. Naoko offers several different notecard sets and all sorts of prints that would be great for giving to someone special this holiday season. I just bought the Winter Trio set of cards last month, and I love 'em so much that I've decided to keep and frame them for myself! (Merry Christmas to me :P )

So go take a peek at Naoko's work in her lovely shop and website, and get some of this cuteness for yourself!

xxx,

Mrs. M

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute shop and i adore her gorgeous and sweet illustration! Thanks for sharing. :)

    It's my first time here on your lovely bubble space and i find it very cozy! Hope to visit more often! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jacqueline! Stop by anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete