Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday at last!


The weekend is here, hooray! Though it won't be quite as spring-y here as this pretty daffodil in my mom's window might lead you to believe. Six days into the season and its snowing as I type. Ah, New England.

In any event, I'll be hosting my husband's grandmother for the weekend. I can't wait to see her, she is such a hoot! She's also a big fan of my limited culinary skills so, I'm whipping up a spring feast in her honor: gemelli with basil, lemon and parmesan, seared local sea scallops with a little lemon butter and a chocolate-glazed Napoleon for dessert. 

We always treat her with similar Napoleons from a fantastic French bakery called Mon Delice when we visit her in Florida (if you're ever near New Smyrna Beach, definitely check it out! You won't be sorry!). I can't wait to surprise her with a homemade version of her favorite pastry. The perfect excuse to emerge from my Baking Ban :-)

Have a good one & I'll see you next week!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment