Monday, September 28, 2009

shades of fall: kale-inspired purples

Hello there darlings! I hope you all had a great weekend.

I did quite a bit of shopping over mine, and in my travels I saw these gorgeous purple kales on display in front of the supermarket. I was so enamored with all the beautiful purples and pinks in this plant: shades of magenta, fuchsia, and earthy plum. I have since learned (read: Wikipedia'd) that this variety of hardy autumn kale is mostly ornamental here in the U.S. and I can see why...


Photo Credits: Kale for Sale by Finstr (left), Flowering Cabbage- Brassia oleracea by debsteinberg (right). Found via Flickr.


Beautiful, no?

Well, these stunning cabbage relatives have served as the color inspiration for my Etsy picks today. I've expanded my selections to include home and bath goodies as well-- hope you like!


Clockwise from top left:

*Organic Dala horse tee in mulberry by maryink

*Pleasantly purple upcycled top {with vintage buttons! squeeee!} by Pandaloo

*Vintage lace screen printed organic tee by New Duds

*Two-piece magenta dress by Janey Clothing



Clockwise from top left:

*Plum Chrysanthemum clutch by Shakuyaku

*Suzie earrings by Kande

*Messenger bag/MacBook sleeve by Track and Field Designs

*Vintage plum cocktail ring by Kyle Anne Metals





Left to right:

*Plum silk screened napkins (set of 6) by Marywibis

*Two of Hearts bowls by Red Hot Pottery

*Shanghai Plum soap by Flowering Tree Botanicals

*Honeybird giclee print in purple by Yumi Yumi




As always, I had to throw some vintage and nature motifs in there, and I love including upcycled and organic picks, too. Whadda ya think? I am sooooo obsessed with that Honeybird print-- I've been eyeing it for months! And I think those purple napkins would be a great alternative to the typical orange 'n black Halloween table decor.

Enjoy & have a great week!

xxx,

Mrs. M

2 comments:

  1. Love purple cabbages my Gram always planted these until the rabbits would not leave them be anymore haha! Adore that dala horse tee off to stalk it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stalking that shirt a bit myself! I love the print on it. xx

    ReplyDelete